Ants in the house are a menace. They can create a lot of nuisance once they infest your house. They mostly infect places that have food, especially kitchens. Even if they sense or smell food, they can enter your home. Ants can enter your home through any opening. Because of their small size, they have the advantage of entering your home from almost anywhere. Just a small crack, hole, or crevice is enough for an ant to enter a premise. You might not know but some ants can also be seen in rotten wood and window sills or window frames.
Most of the time, people are very unsure when it comes to professional ant control services. They believe the harsh chemicals used by professionals will damage their home environment as this may become toxic. For such people, today, we have curated some home remedies that you can try to get rid of ants from your home.
Here is a list of the best things to get rid of ants
- Diatomaceous Earth- Diatomaceous earth is nothing but sand made out of the fossilized shells of a sea animal. These are of two types: one is food grade and the other is used to clean swimming pools. The other one contains insecticides so it is better to use the food grade diatomaceous earth to get rid of ants. Sprinkle this in the areas where ants frequent. This will absorb all the oil from their upper body, dehydrate and kill them.
- White Vinegar- Vinegar is the best thing that helps in getting rid of ants completely. Take an equal amount of vinegar and water, mix them, and put them in a spray bottle. Voila! You have just made an ant repellent spray for yourself. Spray this solution onto the ants directly. You can even spray this on their entry points or the places from which they exit. Make sure that you use white vinegar for the procedure.
- Dish soap- You can either use dish soap or a dishwashing liquid to prepare this homemade ant repellent. This works best to get rid of ants. Make a mixture of dish soap or dishwashing liquid with water, transfer it to a spray bottle. Spray it directly on the trail of ants. This mixture will stick to their bodies and they will be suffocated to death because of the dish soap. You can also use this repellent for the ants that have attacked your plants without harming them.
- Soapy solution- This too shall work wonders to get rid of ants from your house. Spraying soapy water at the entry points from where the ants enter will keep them away. Because this soapy water has the ability to remove the trail of ants that they leave behind. Thus, no more ants can enter your house using the trail. Ants communicate to each other with the pheromones present in these trails, diminishing them will prevent them from infesting your house.
- Borax and sugar- You might have heard many times that borax is one of the best things to eliminate ants. Today, you will see how. Borax is one of the effective ant killers. You need to make a solution of one part borax with three parts sugar in water. Dissolve the sugar in the water and make a solution out of it. Keep this solution in a jar or any container. This sweet solution will attract ants. As soon as they take this sweet back to their queen, their entire colony will be destroyed.
One more method that you can use for repelling ants is using the same borax in a different way. Make a mixture of boric acid and corn syrup. Apply it to wax paper which attracts ants and kills them.
Other things that can also kill or control ants are tea tree oil, neem oil, pepper as well as cayenne pepper.
Do You Need Experts For Ant Control?
With years of experience in the ant control industry, we are the best ant controllers in Ringwood. Our agency Pest Control Ringwood specializes in providing effective pest control services using eco-friendly products. We know that chemical products can harm your surroundings. That is why we have switched to eco-friendly as well as organic products for ant control. There is no such ant problem that we cannot solve. In fact, we can control all kinds of pests.